Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hurry Up And Wait

We finally received our I-800a approval from USCIS!!!  It took 63 days to get approved, and three more days to receive it in the mail on Friday, July 1st.  We copied it and rushed to the bank for a notary.  I ran up to the Secretary of State's office to get it state sealed, and then headed to UPS so we could get it to the courier in Chicago Saturday.  Fortunately I called her before shipping because I learned she was about to leave on a week long vacation!  She recommended we send our documents to DC.  I called the courier in DC we used for our TN documents and got voicemail...no reply all weekend.  I also emailed...no reply all weekend.  It's the 4th of July weekend so I was concerned that she was also on a vacation.  I opted not to send our paperwork anywhere.  I finally heard back from her on Tuesday and ran to UPS after getting new cashiers checks for the DC consulate and Dept. of State.  We also paid the $20 per doc expedite fee "ouch."  I was so happy when I spoke with the courier today and learned our documents were "in process."  Hopefully they'll be ready tomorrow and delivered to our agency Monday morning.  I can't believe we are completely finished with our dossier paperwork!!! 

We received a call from our agency at the end of June that they were going to try to match us off the June list if there was a child available that fell within our comfort zone.  Wow, talk about a lot of anxiety!  I was so nervous waiting to see if they would find a match for us, and then slightly relieved that they didn't.  Now it's has fully sunk in that we're REALLY doing this!  It's no longer just paperwork, but a little girl is about to get involved!  I'm still nervous, but also very excited! 

We are hoping to be DTC (Dossier to China) early next week and LID (Logged In Dossier) shortly thereafter so our agency can try to find a match for us when the July list comes out. 

I can't believe we're going to have a daughter soon!