Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Toddler's Grace

Usually at dinner our youngest son, W (who just turned 3), digs in while my husband, our oldest son, D (who just turned 6), and I say grace.  Last night I pushed W's plate away, knelt down beside him and showed him how to fold his hands.  To all of our surprise he started in on the prayer all by himself!

"Dear God thank you for this food and thank you for O (a beloved cousin) and thank you for Princess Petals, in Jesus name amen." 

It was rambled very quickly and probably only those of us that live with him had a chance of understanding, but it made my husband and I smile across the table at one another.  I guess it's true that they are ALWAYS watching and listening.  What a reminder about the examples we set for our children - even when we think they are not paying attention... 

Today we are at 56 days of waiting for our LOA.  All of the paperwork for the next step has already been completed, we just need to place the LOA on top and mail it off to USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) to apply for Princess Petals' visa to enter the US as a citizen.  That process should only take 3 weeks and then the ball will be back in China's court while we wait for an invitation to enter their country. 

It's 10:13 PM here.  My sweet boys are snoozing upstairs and my little angel is eating breakfast on the other side of the world.  I am so anxious for us all to be under one roof. 

Sweet dreams and good morning to my babies!