Monday, January 9, 2012

Bunk Beds, Boys, Birthdays & Blessings

So I FINALLY have a picture of my blog's namesake, the "bunk beds."  I think my husband feels a little slighted that it took me this long to sing his praises because he really did a fantastic job building bunk beds for our boys.  D (6) spent a lot of time in the garage helping during construction and W (3) spent a lot of time in the garage making us nervous...





...and here is the finished product!!!

...and here is what we hadn't expected...they sleep together almost every night!

Then I celebrated my birthday...

...and had some great help blowing out my candles...can you guess what I wished for???  

TA (Travel Approval) of course!  We are finally in the home stretch!  I'd like to say that we're done with all of the paperwork but I know better...

If you've checked out "Our Journey" on the left side of the blog, you may have noticed we filed a Supplement 3 and updated home study with USCIS recently (which was just approved today).  We hit a snag in our process when my husband was laid off at the end of December but we keep moving forward and trusting that everything is going to work itself out.  Just when we think we've hit a brick wall something happens to smash it down and we step over the rubble.  Through a friend of a friend Jon was able to secure some contract work flying for a local company which is a blessing on two fronts: 1, we have income, and 2, Jon doesn't have to take a "Band-Aid" job to get us through the adoption that would cause him to be gone all the time.  Of course if something more permanent doesn't happen in the next several months we'll probably have to move, but for now we are just being thankful for this opportunity that became available to us at the absolute perfect time.  Just one more item to add to my growing list of things that make me feel like there's someone carefully watching over us and clearing the path.  

 Over the past few weeks our paperwork has been getting shuffled around through different parts of the US government but now, finally, the CCCWA (China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption) has everything and we are waiting for Travel Approval!!!

Life may not be unfolding exactly the way we want it to, but we can't deny that we feel like this is where we are supposed to be.  Everything is falling into place so that we can make this sweet little girl our daughter and give her the love and protection of a family that every child deserves.  

If you feel your heart being moved towards special needs adoption please gather information and educate yourself.  I have posted pictures of just a few of the Chinese orphans waiting for families on the right side of this blog, but there are millions of children in need all over the world.